Recently, the number of Windows users asking why is my taskbar white is increasing. It mostly happens after some latest software updates come in Windows.
You may search for this article because of the same experience you had or know from some other users who experienced it. Whatever it is, you have to be ready for the situation.
Before going further, this white taskbar problem of the Windows operating system is not a serious issue that infringes your device’s security. Besides, it will not affect any files on your device.
It is just another scrambled up settings configuration that you can manage to change and bring back to the way that you like. A simple visual configuration change.
However, this might be enough for some users to panic because of the importance of using their PC. Moreover, people get irritated because of these unexpected changes.
Learn More: How To Screenshot On A Dell Laptop
How To Change The Taskbar Color In Windows 10
What Happens When the Taskbar Changes to White?
Now you know the answer to why is my taskbar white question. But why is it important, or what happens when it turns into white all of a sudden?
These changes will sabotage the way their visual preferences in the display were set up for a better user interface and easy accessibility of different shortcuts and applications mounted on the taskbar.
Beyond everything, most of the shortcuts shown on the taskbar are in white color. When the color of the taskbar changes to white, the shortcuts and windows button’s color stays white without any change.
That makes it difficult or completely invisible for the user to access them. As a bundle, we can say that this white color look will be seen like some bug on your device.
So, if you ever experienced this, here are some ways you can bring back the look of your taskbar in the way you want it. Otherwise, you can always be ready for such kind of a situation.
Change Taskbar Color from the Settings
This is a pretty easy and basic way to change the color of anything, especially the white taskbar Windows 10 you see on your display (other than the icons and images you see on the desktop).
You can open the color settings through several ways that include the involvement of Windows Settings in all these methods.
- Do a Right-Click anywhere on your PC’s desktop and select the Personalize option available in the list. It will open the Window that includes all the options for the customization of different things on display.
This Personalize menu can be opened in three different ways. Whichever way you choose, all of them take you to this same window. Either you can do as mentioned above.
Or you can open these settings by right-clicking on the Taskbar and selecting the Taskbar Settings option that will be available at the bottom of the list.
Besides, you can open the same window through the Settings menu of the computer by normally opening the Settings.
- After opening the Personalization menu, you can find several options on the window’s left side, such as Background, Colors, lock screen, themes, etc.
- You can find all the color settings from the Colors menu from the list.
- Tick the automatic option if you want to find an accent color that will be shown on your device.
- Otherwise, you can select any color, including your own customized color, from the color palette available.
- Tick the option to show the accent color on your taskbar and Start menu from the below available options. Now it will be changed into the way you needed it.
- Select the Taskbar option from the list where you can find all the configuration options for the Taskbar.
Read More: How to Delete Backup Files in Windows 10
Revaluing from the Registry Editor
This is a little bit tricky method for basic level users of Windows or any kind of operating system. So, be careful to play in this territory.
If anything goes wrong, it can corrupt the configuration values that, i.e., being already set for your Windows PC’s smooth working.
Because the Registry Editor has an important role in keeping the core function of all things happening on your computer without any fault.
- Open the Run Box by searching from the Start menu of the Windows or by using the shortcut Win+R.
- You have to open the Registry Editor, and it can be done using the code “regedit” in the Run Box.
- Navigate to the following location of the Registry from the Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Search/Fighting/0/WhiteSearchBox.
- Here you can find the Value key on the ride side panel. Select it and set the value to 0.
- Then press Ok and Restart your device to get a fresh start after the registry changes.
Remember, this is a way you can go for if you are a bit expert in doing something more than your PC’s entertainment side.
Otherwise, all your entertainment needs will get halted because of the errors you caused in the Registry.
Here in this article explained the solution for why is my taskbar white color after some Windows updates.
You can go for the easiest way or the tricky way as you wish. All the display settings, including taskbar color and other configurations, can be done straightly from the Settings window of your PC.
So, there is no need to get too complicated with the Windows Operating system to fix things and configure them as you need.
If you ever experience something like white color or any color on your taskbar or any other place on your display other than the display hardware. All of them can be solved, and any of them are not harmful to your device.
Instead, all of them are just some configuration errors that need a little of your attention to bring back into the original state.
So, don’t get all mixed up with the emotions because of the fake information that says the color change will destroy your computer or will corrupt the Windows.