Have you forgotten your pattern/password/pin for the Android screen lock? In case you are lucky enough to remember your password/pin/pattern due to your habits, it will be great. But what if you are not able to remember your password/pin/pattern. You don’t need to worry about it. This article will guide you on how to unlock Android phone password without factory reset.
What Happens if you Enter the Wrong Password Again and Again
With advancements in technology, we can also see improvement in Android and iOS devices’ lock systems. We are now near-perfect security for Android phones due to lock systems like PIN, Password, Irish scanner, Face ID, Touch ID, and many more.
Earlier, if you entered the wrong password a few times, you would get an email with reset codes. But now, it is difficult to unlock Android phones after entering the incorrect password. As privacy is essential, updated securities have ensured that you can try to enter passwords ten times only. Moreover, this also ensures that your device is not hacked.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password After Entering it Wrong
There are various reasons for your screen lock not to open. If you hack a strong password, then a hacker may not easily hack into your device. Multiple tries may create the fear of losing your data. Here are some ways on how to unlock Android phone passwords without factory reset.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset using ADB
Android Debug Bridge works on your Android devices only if the USB debugging is enabled before you forgot your password. Moreover, it is essential to trust and allow computers before forgetting the password.
Note: This method may not work for devices that have enabled encryption. However, if you meet all the above criteria, then you can easily unlock the screen lock.
- Plugin your computer to an Android phone with USB.
- Open the command prompt window/ terminal window in the Android Debug Bridge installation directory on the computer.
- Type the command:adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key and press enter.
- Restart your Android device.
- The secure lock screen is gone temporarily.
- Now, Set a new secure lock pin/ password/ pattern before restarting your Android phone once again, or your phone will be locked again.
Bypass Android Lock Screen without Reset for Third-party Applications using Safe-mode
It is not difficult to access and bypass the Android lock screen without reset for third-party applications (not the lock screen password). The only thing you need to do is reboot/ restart your phone in safe mode, as it will disable the third-party lock screen application for a short period. Therefore, after getting your data, you just need to uninstall the screen lock application. Moreover, your lock screen password/ pin/ pattern will disappear after you restart your Android device.
- Long press your Android power button.
- Tap and hold on to the “Power Off” option.
- You will be asked, “Do you want to reboot into safe mode?”.
- Tap OK at this option.
- Uninstall the third-party lock screen application.
- Restart your device.
- After that, download the third-party lock screen application again.
- Set up your new Android lock screen pattern.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset using LockWiper
The iMyFone LockWiper (Android) can remove the lock screen PIN, password, or fingerprint of an Android phone. Moreover, it supports all kinds of Android phones. Furthermore, it can also remove the Google lock for Samsung phones. In addition to this, it removes screen locks for Samsung phones without losing any data.
1. Download and install iMyFone LockWiper (Android) on your PC/ laptop.
2. Launch it and select the remove screen lock option.
3. Choose the correct option according to your device’s model. ( Note, only Samsung devices can remove screen lock without any data loss. It can also unlock screen lock for other Android phones, but there is a possibility that all the data will be erased. )
4. Tap on the “Start” button.
5. It will start downloading the data packages.
5. Now connect your phone to a PC/ laptop with a USB cable.
6. LockWiper will detect your Android device’s information automatically.
7. Double-check to confirm.
8. Click Start to Unlock screen lock.
9. It will initiate a download and install of a data package on your android device.
10. Begin to remove the screen lock.
11. The screen lock will be removed after a few minutes.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset using FoneCope
One of the greatest unlocking Android pattern lock software is Android Screen Lock Removal. It helps to remove screen locks like patterns, pins, and passwords without any data loss. Note, this software only supports Samsung or LG phones for now.
1. In the Android toolkits, choose the unlock feature.
2. Download and launch FoneCope Android Toolkits on PC/ laptop.
3. Click on the “Unlock” pattern to remove the screen lock.
4. Connect your android device with PC/ laptop via USB cable and click on the start button to proceed.
5. Download the recovery package and choose your device model. Note that if you cannot find your device information, it is not supported by Fonecope yet.
6. After selecting the model carefully, click on the “Next” button.
7. Put your phone in download mode. The step to put your device in the download mode are:
- Turn off your Android device.
- Press and hold the Home + Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Release the button when a warning appears.
- Press the volume up button to initiate the download mode.
8. Click the “Start” to begin downloading the recovery page for your Android phone.
9. As soon as the downloading is done, it will remove the screen lock.
10. Now you can re-access your device without any data loss.
You may like: How to Empty Trash on Android
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset using Android Device Manager
This method would work only if Find My Device were implemented before the device was locked. Android Device Manager does not unlock your device if it is a Samsung S6/S6 Edge or newer Samsung devices.
- Sign in to Google Android Device Manager.
- Choose the device which is linked to the account.
- Choose the “Lock” option.
- In the pop-up window, set a new password.
Note: Google has disabled this feature as they feared legal problems.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset for Android 4.4
If you have forgotten the password for an Android 4.4, it is relatively easy to unlock it without losing any data. You just need to follow the guidelines given below.
- Enter the incorrect pattern a few times so that hints show up on the screen.
- Tap on the “Forgot pattern” option.
- Sign in Account Unlock page.
- In the Setting menu, tap on the screen lock.
- Choose the type of lock (pin, password, pattern, or fingerprint) you want for your device.
- Reset the new lock screen password.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset using Google Account
This method works only for Android 4.0 and other older versions. So, if you are using Android 5.0 and above, you can’t opt for this method; instead, you can choose the factory reset method.
- Enter a wrong pin/ password or pattern five times.
- Tap on the “Forgot Password/pin/ pattern” option. For your device. In case of a password, it will show “Forgot Password” and so on.
- Add your Google account username and password.
- Now reset the password.
One-click to Bypass Android Lock Screen without Reset
Tenorshare 4ukey for Android is a robust tool that can unlock lock screen passwords easily. It makes resetting PIN, Passcode, and Fingerprint locks quite fast with the help of 4uKey.
- Connect your Android device to 4uKey after launching it.
- Click on the “Remove Screen Lock” option.
- Tap on the “Start” option. Note, 4uKey removes the screen lock but also erases all the data.
- Click on the “Yes” option to start the procedure.
- Let the procedure complete itself.
- After removing the screen lock, it gives you a guide to set your device to recovery mode.
- Your screen lock is deleted.
- Reboot your device.
- Set a new screen lock.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset using Backup Pin
While setting up the screen lock, you might have seen that it asks for a backup pin. In case you enter the wrong password six times, you can use a backup pin to unlock your phone.
- Open your phone and enter the wrong password almost six times.
- A message will popup.
- Tap on the Backup PIN option.
- Enter the backup pin.
- Tap on OK.
- Your phone will be unlocked.
How to Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset using Smart Lock settings
You can see Smart Lock settings running on Android 5.0 or higher versions. You can see three options with the Smart lock; they are: trusted place, trusted face, and trusted device. To unlock your device with the help of a trusted site set up with GPS enabled, you just need to enter the trusted location you have entered, such as your home, office, or any other place.
It is one of the easiest ways to unlock your phone if you have forgotten your password.
These are some of the easy and practical ways on How to Unlock Android Phone Password Without Factory Reset. You can choose any of the methods to unlock your phone in case you forgot your password. We store many essential files, photos, videos, passwords, etc., on our phones; thus, we need to be careful while choosing a way to unlock our phone if we forgot our password. By using the methods mentioned above, you will be able to unlock your phone without any data loss successfully. You can also share your views in the comment box.
- How to Bypass Android Lock Screen using Camera or Emergency Call
- How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to Android
- How to Delete Instagram Account on Android
- How to Stop WIFI from Turning off Automatically on Android
- How to Disable Incognito Mode in Chrome Android
- How To Tell If Someone Unadded You On Snapchat
- How to Make Google Docs in Dark Mode