If you are a teenager, then you must know about Snapchat. One of the prominent problems that users face while using Snapchat is that they want to learn the ways through which they can learn how to tell if someone unadded you on Snapchat.
It is one of the most trendy social media applications as it provides kids and teens with what they are looking for. Kids and teens generally look for a platform where they can easily depict their emotions and share their day-to-day life. Moreover, it does not record your messages or other activities like Facebook and Twitter do. In addition to this, it also offers things like games, news, entertainment, photo, and video editing tools and lets you connect with and follow friends, etc.
This article will provide you answers to your problem of how to tell if someone unadded you on Snapchat. To learn more about Snapchat, read ahead.
How Does Snapchat Work?
To use Snapchat, first of all, you need to download Snapchat. After installing the application, sign in by filling in your basic details. To friend someone, you can either search for that someone, or you can also upload your contact list on it. You can also add someone to your friend list by scanning their ‘Snapcode.’ After that, things get a little confusing.
An interesting thing about Snapchat is that in Snapchat, users begin a conversation with the help of a photo and not a text. To start a chat/ conversation, you need to take a snap.
Moreover, you can also edit your snap with the help of various photo-editing tools. Now send the edited snap to your friends and start a conversation. In addition to this, you can also add your snap to your story. It also facilitates group conversation and stories.
You May Like: How to Clear Clipboard on Android Phone
Is Snapchat Safe For Tweens And Teens?
Kids and teens generally use Snapchat to depict their emotions and share their day-to-day life with everyone. Although there is mature content on social media applications like Snapchat, teens can still use it above 16. There are three risky areas where one must pay attention to while using Snapchat.
1. When Snapchat was launched, it was called ‘the sexting application’ as people sent adult photos and texts believing that the texts and photos will be deleted automatically. But it was the result of misreading the application. Users need to realize that everything they share is saved and can be viewed by many people. Kids should be careful while sharing their pictures and personal thoughts as they can be misread and misused by anyone. If adults find their kids sending or viewing inappropriate messages, they can intervene.
2. Snapchat is a great application, and kids enjoy using it. Kids may sometimes feel a time-pressure due to stories and Snapstreak as the kids have an urge to check-in on time. Parents can also step-in and see if their children are having fun or are stressing themselves out while using this application.
3. While using social media applications, users tend to friend people from all around the world. They may also friend people they don’t know. As applications like Snapchat store your private data and personal habits, there is no privacy. So, you need to be careful while making friends.
You May Like: How to Remove Yourself from a Group Text on Android
How to tell if someone unadded you on Snapchat
Nowadays, teens are more socially conscious and care more about their image and other things. Thus they get worried easily when they lose followers or someone unfriends them on social media applications. Do you want to know how to tell if someone unadded you on Snapchat? Then read ahead and know the answer to this question.
Will Snapchat Ever Notify Me If Someone Unadded/ Unfriended Me?
The answer to the above question is no. If someone unfriends you, then Snapchat will not notify you. But there are many ways in which you can find out if someone has unadded you or not. Some of the ways are listed below. Read carefully and solve your query.
How Can I Find Out Then?
Although there are ways to check unfriends Snapchat, some of the ways may not work due to your friend’s privacy policies. Here is a step-by-step guide to some of the ways. Read carefully.
Checking Through Snap Score
- On Snap chat, search for your friend.
- Click on your friend’s name, and you will see the person’s yellow icon.
- You will be able to see his/ her Snapscore if both of you follow each other next to the person’s yellow icon.
- Being unable to see the Snapscore indicates that this person has unadded you.
Note, however, due to the privacy settings, the person may hide his snap score, then you will not be able to tell whether he/ she has unadded you or not.
Check Through Your Friend’s Snapchat Status
- Tap on the chat bubble icon in your Snapchat.
- To send a snap, double-tap on the username.
- Tap on the icon ‘Circle.’
- Tap on the icon ‘Send.’
- Now check the snap status of the person.
- If it shows ‘Pending….’ or if the color of the icon changes to grey, this indicates that the person has deleted/ unfriended you from his friend list.
Try Adding Him/ Her By Username
- Search the user you want to check on.
- Tap on ‘Add by Username.’
- If you can see that person’s name, then it indicates that he/ she has unadded you.
Checking The Follower’s List
If someone deletes you on Snapchat, then the first way is to check your follow list. If someone is missing from the list, then it indicates that he/ she has deleted you from Snapchat. Moreover, if the person has followed you at some time, then that person must be on your friend’s list. Follow the steps given below to check if that person is on your friend list or not.
- Open your chat list.
- In the search bar, type the username.
On the search bar, you will see that person’s name and his/her snap score. In case you are unable to see the snap score, then it shows that he/ she has deleted you from Snapchat.
Checking Through The Viewership Of Your Snap Stories
One of the ways to tell if someone deletes you on Snapchat is to check through the viewership of your stories. Note that you can’t expect everyone to follow your story. But still, you can check whether a single person has been missing from your viewer list for a long time or not.
By following all the above-mentioned ways carefully, you can easily tell if someone deleted you from Snapchat or not.
With the help of this article, I hope you have learned how to tell if someone unfriended you on Snapchat. I hope that this article has also solved all your queries regarding Snapchat. If you have any problem following the steps, then feel free to comment.